Saturday, November 17, 2012

Our final full day: Friday, November 16th. - Amber

What a day!

We began the day at city hall. As we showed up, the rain began to
pour. Literally, it sounded like skittles hitting tin! Everyone
cheered ... It was awesome! One of the 2 Holland teams closed out our
time together! How cool is it that worship bands from all over the
world are dedicated to come to this event and minister to this city!

Later this afternoon, we gathered to pray about the evening and ask
The Lord how he would direct. We decided (unanimously) who to bless
with our excess funds. We discussed what the evening may look like,
and we prayed power, love, and light into each of us from the spirit.

Then, it was go time. We headed over to the Utopia Bar on Walking
Street. We began with worshipping in this place. We bought drinks the
entire night and ran that place out of coke! Praise The Lord! The
music was wonderful, and again, women were dancing, singing, smiling
to the music! I made eye contact with a few but didn't strike up a
conversation. Mardell was drawn to one of the girls whose name was
"Guy."

Next, our group headed to the pier to bless Yo-Yo and Angel in their
ministry. They were brought to tears. They mentioned their desire to
ask last night about eating a meal together ... So we agreed on lunch
for Saturday before we leave!!!

Some of the women felt a release from needing to walk around and talk
with the girls on the streets, like we had talked about and prayed
about earlier. I hadn't yet felt that and began to ask God to show me
what He wanted for me.

We headed back to the Utopia Bar. When we returned, Guy came over to
Mardell and pulled her up on one of the couches. She signaled for all
of us to come as well. We followed. Soon after, a girl Sherry
connected wifh earlier, Jbab (means little chicken) joined us. The
majority of our time consisted of hanging out/singing worship
songs/learning about their stories/dancing together ... All while
sitting outside of the bar on wicker chairs. This lasted about 2
hours.

During this time, I was able to pray for and bless the women through
eye contacts and smiles. I felt a connection to one girl in particular
... I found out her name was Baa (meaning fish). We had a short
conversation (she had been there for 10 days and spoke only "hi" ,
"bye" and "no English" in English). I hope she received the blessing
of hope, joy, and love that I prayed over her throughout the exchanges
of smiles over the course of the night and our hand shakes.

I wanted to use every second to pour out God's love and freedom for
these girls. God showed me that I don't need to find and pray for
thousands of girls face-to-face. Rather, we are doing what He told us
... Loving and building relationships with these two precious
daughters. I know others were touched by His spirit in a rainbow of
ways. But these two we were able to invest in, share about Tamar,
fight for, protect, love! And none of this we take credit for! To God
be the glory!

Since I still felt led to prayer walk ... We walked down walking
street and beyond until we reached our hotel. I can't describe the
warfare, the sights, sounds, smells ... It was unlike anything I've
experienced. I asked God, "What is happening?" and found myself
searching for the end of the road. A massive wave of emotion ... The
change from a place of feeling God's love pour down through us and our
worship into the streets, to the realities of the evil that still
lingers.

I felt the need to process together ... Since I didn't even comprehend
what was happening. We gathered, prayed, cried, and gave everything
back to our Savior. We trust and know His amazing grace, power, and
love can and will change this nation! - Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment